Certified Protege GX Installer (Level 1)
Availability: Instructor Led
Duration: 2-3 days depending on region
Aimed at installers responsible for small to medium Protege projects. This course will teach you how to plan, install and configure Protege systems to ensure successful implementation of an intruder detection and access control solution.
Items covered include:
- An introduction to the Protege GX platform and system architecture
- Installation and setup of the hardware components
- System design, programming, and configuration (including user management, offsite reporting, and configuring intruder detection and access control, and more)
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Preparation for the certification exam
Note: Access to Protege GX training is limited to IDN members and applicants.
All students require a laptop that meets the minimum system requirements. Refer to the Protege GX Installation Manual for details.
For web based courses, you will also need a Protege GX Training Kit or the equivalent hardware:
- 1x Protege GX Controller (PRT-CTRL-DIN)
- 1x Protege DIN Rail 4A Intelligent Power Supply (PRT-PSU-DIN-4A)
- 1x Protege Touch Sense LCD Keypad (PRT-KLCS)
- 2 x tSec Multi-Technology Card Readers (at least one of which must include a keypad and Bluetooth capability)
- 6x programable cards - a combination of DESFire (PRX-ISO-DF) and MIFARE (PRX-ISO-MF) is recommended
While not strictly essential, a web cam and second monitor is highly recommended.