Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our diverse technology driven environment who is a natural problem-solver and multi-tasker, with exceptional people skills and a pro-active, positive attitude.
We offer a culture that embraces diversity, and inclusiveness. Our diligent teams are committed and hard-working, but we like to ensure we have fun too - some of our many initiatives include an active Social Club with regular extra-curricular events, subsidized gym memberships, onsite yoga and massages once per month by professional physiotherapists. Our modern staff lunchroom has arcade games and even table tennis, a great location for our fun monthly staff social events!
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and maintaining computer systems and networks, and ensuring the highest levels of system and infrastructure availability for ICT offices globally.
Providing technical support across the company both onsite and via remote-support, you will respond in a timely manner to service issues and requests, managing your task list using Asana, the in-house project management system. You will assist the IT & Cybersecurity Manager to design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software and operating systems, and have involvement with critical projects that ensure optimal IT systems that benefit ICT teams to fulfil business objectives and processes.
The Successful Applicant:
Patient and practical by nature, you're able to prioritize between conflicting “urgent” requests, acting promptly where critical issues may arise.
You will be comfortable assisting a broad range of people with varying degrees of technical understanding with both general and sometimes unique IT issues – our global team includes both highly technical engineers and developers, and staff that are far less technically savvy.
- 3+ years' experience in a similar role with prior history working in a support role
- A+ certification, MCSE, CCNA, ITIL and IT security certification are highly desirable
- Experience with Microsoft E5 and Azure Environments
- Experience in supporting SAP
- Experience with Tenable is highly desirable
- Experience with Networking, Switching, Firewalling and Server Infrastructure is a must
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate technical matters to non-technical users
- Well-developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively
Only applicants with the right to work permanently in New Zealand will be considered for this position. Successful applicants will be required to consent to police checks.
If you believe you fulfil the requirements above, please send your CV and covering letter describing the key attributes you would bring to this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org